Dear Prospective CCS Families
Thank you for your interest in CCS!
As a school staff, we are praying for families who are in the midst of making the important decision of where to send their children to school. Choosing the right school for your children is a huge decision. Whether public school or private school, there are several elementary school options. We know your decision-making process is important, unique, and often times stressful! Students spend more waking hours at school and in school activities between kindergarten and graduation than they will at home and church combined! There's no doubt about it, a school has a profound influence on our children. If you're looking for a private Christian elementary school in the Akron area, we're here to help you with the decision-making process.
Cornerstone Community School is a special place. We are private Christian elementary school located in the heart of Tallmadge, OH for grades Pre-K through 5th grade. When you become a part of our school family, you will soon realize what our alumni and parents have enjoyed since 1995—the uniqueness of the CCS experience. CCS has been educating and training students to live a life consistent with a Christ-centered, Biblical worldview for over 25 years. By God's grace and the dedicated service of many leaders, teachers, staff, and parents, CCS is one of the few private, Christian elementary schools in the area. We serve families from Tallmadge, Stow, Cuyahoga Falls, Kent, Hudson, Akron, Ravenna and Mogadore.
In addition to offering high-level academic preparedness and a chance to participate in experiential learning, we reinforce the truth of God's Word that your child hears at home and church by integrating biblical truths into everything we do. At CCS, your child will receive more than just an education—they will be encouraged to grow academically and spiritually.
There are several aspects of CCS that make us unique. But you have to come and experience it for yourself. Explore our classrooms. Engage with faculty and staff. Be our guest and schedule a personal tour to find out why CCS is a leader in Pre K-5th grade Christian education.
Serving His children,
Kandi Shanor | Administrator
CCS Admissions Policy
- Students of any background or belief are welcome to apply to Cornerstone Community School. However, parents must realize that our school is clearly based on Christian principles which are woven into the fabric of the school, and they must be willing to support their children in this type of education. Please see our innovative curriculum for further details.
- Children applying for Pre-K should be 4 years old by September 1 of the year they are seeking enrollment. Children applying for Kindergarten should be five years old by September 1 of the year for which they are seeking enrollment.
- The school office maintains applications and their submission dates. All students will be notified of acceptance as soon as possible. Students who are currently enrolled and their siblings will be given first priority in enrollment for subsequent years.
- If a student is transferring from another school to Cornerstone Community School, all records must be received and reviewed before the admissions' application is complete. Admission may be denied if any information is falsified or if records indicate the student has needs which the school cannot meet. All payments must be verified as current at a former school.
In summary, when considering whether a student will be admitted, we look at the following areas:
- Is there a match between the parents and CCS regarding our educational philosophy and parental involvement policy?
- Do the parents have an understanding of our biblical worldview?
- Do we have the space for additional students?
- Can we meet any needs which the student may have?
- Does the student compliment the existing class structure?
Cornerstone Community School recruits and admits students of any sex, race, color or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities of the school. Cornerstone Community School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies and programs, financial aid distribution or extracurricular activities.