October 13, 2020
From Head of School
Welcome back! I hope you all had a great Fall Break. It was so nice to have a couple of days off around the weekend, and the weather was fantastic for outdoor activities. It was great to be able to enjoy these beautiful days before the winter sets in for us.
Last week, I was able to speak to the kids in chapel. I picked up with our theme of I Corinthians 13 and talked about how love is kind. We went over the story of the Good Samaritan, and I discussed the ways that he showed kindness to the man that was robbed in the parable. Jesus reminded us to be kind through this story, and he showed how kindness is always intentional. We must make choices to be kind. It’s always a privilege to speak the truth from God’s Word with the students.
This week, we were scheduled to have our Open House and Association Meeting. This was going to be a time where our current families could come in and see how things are going in the school year. Unfortunately, it is still not advisable to bring our entire group together without the ability to distance. Instead of meeting together, each class is working on a way to share some information with you! You can expect an email from your child’s teacher next Friday, October 23, with a look into the days here at CCS.
Our Association Meeting is a time when the board has the opportunity to share important information with the school as well. You can look for a video from Dr. Kolb, our board president, and me next Friday as well.
I hope you enjoy your shortened week! It’s a joy to work with your children each day at the school.
In His Service,
David Smith, Head of School
- Thursday, October 15- Parent Prayer First grade 8:40AM – 9:10AM via Zoom
- Friday, October 16 - NO Fantastic Friday
- Thursday, October 22 - Chapel - "Love does not envy"
- Friday, October 23 - End of 1st Grading Period
- Friday, October 23 - Fantastic Friday
- Friday, October 30 - Progress Reports Issued
- Friday, October 30 - Fantastic Friday
View the School Calendar for more upcoming school events.
Fantastic Friday Next Week
Next Friday, October 23, is the last Fantastic Friday of the first quarter. Please email Deb Gurley at FantasticFridayCCS@gmail.com if you are available to help.
- First grade: kitchen with Mrs. Malish and Mrs. Koeppe
- Second grade: science with Mrs. Shumaker
- Third Hawes: Tie-dye with Mrs. Dyer
- Third Hansen: science with Mrs. Beach
- Fourth grade: Egg drop with Mrs. Gurley
- Fifth grade: Environment/rain barrel project with Mrs. Mottram